What is carbon monoxide?

Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s made by insufficient fuel combustion frequently caused by insufficient oxygen. In your home, appliances that consume natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are at risk. Especially if they are not operating accurately or have been installed wrong.

Vehicle exhaust fumes from nearby garages, as well as poorly operating fireplaces may also produce carbon monoxide. CO is poisonous to the body and is lethal at high levels or with prolonged exposure.