Stopping it from happening is the most crucial place to start. Doing appropriate safety precautions will decrease your risk of carbon monoxide poisoning in Toronto.
Here are several steps you can take to keep your family protected:
- Idle your car out of your garage. Cars are a major source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t leave yours running in the confined space of a garage. The same goes for gas equipment like lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t run ovens or grills as heating sources. These things are safe when operated correctly but can make carbon monoxide when used for an extensive period of time in small spaces.
- Don’t use a gas generator indoors, since it makes fumes.
- Have your chimney checked by a pro. This confirms chimneys and vents aren’t blocked and connected properly.
- Check gas appliances are working correctly, particularly your furnace. You can ensure efficient, safe operation by booking annual furnace maintenance with Service Experts Commercial HVAC.