Preventing it from happening is the most important place to begin. Completing appropriate safety precautions will decrease your risk of carbon monoxide poisoning in Toronto.
Here are a couple steps you can take to keep your family safe:
- Heat up your car out of your garage. Cars are a major source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so never leave yours running in the confined space of a garage. The same goes for gas equipment like lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t run ovens or grills as heaters. These things are safe when run right but can produce carbon monoxide when used for an extensive period of time in little spaces.
- Don’t use a gas generator indoors, since it makes fumes.
- Have your chimney checked by a pro. This confirms chimneys and vents aren’t blocked and connected properly.
- Verify gas appliances are running correctly, particularly your furnace. You can ensure efficient, safe operation by requesting annual furnace maintenance with Service Experts Commercial HVAC.