Expert Oil Heat Exchanger Repair in Toronto
Heat exchanger won’t start? Reset button continuously tripping? If your fuel oil heat exchanger is leaving you irritated and freezing in Toronto, the Experts at Service Experts Commercial HVAC can help.
Sometimes, you can repair issues with your oil-burning heat exchanger on your own. There are a couple of things you can check before calling us for heating repair.
Common Oil Heating System Problems
- Heat exchanger won’t start. The thermostat setting may be wrong. Check that it’s on “auto” and “heat.”
- Reset button keeps tripping. This safety feature turns off your heat exchanger when it discovers trouble. Make sure there’s fuel in the oil tank, the valves are open and the chimney is free of blockages. Once you’ve checked those locations, only press the reset button once. Pressing it several times could cause fuel oil to accumulate and spark a fire once the heat exchanger begins working.
- Inadequate heat. The oil or air filters could be clogged and need to be cleaned or replaced.
- Excess noise. If you hear clattering, tighten access panels. Squealing means there’s an issue with the belt or blower motor. If these components have oiling ports, put a couple of electric motor oil on them after shutting down your heat exchanger.
Other times, you’ll need one of our specialist service technicians. Call Service Experts Commercial HVAC for oil heat exchanger repair service when:
- Pressing the reset button doesn’t start the heat exchanger, even when there’s fuel in the tank and valves are open
- You hear knocking sounds, which likely means there’s air in the fuel lines
- Oil lines are leaking
- Soot can be seen in the burner chamber
- Burner turns on but does not fire
- Alternative troubleshooting tips don’t fix the problem
100% Satisfaction Guarantee* Backs Our Repairs
Service Experts Commercial HVAC can take care of the problem when your oil heat exchanger won’t ignite.
Our professionals have gone through thorough testing to earn the highest HVAC standard, ACE certification. They are ready to take care of most any heating repair. And all our repairs are backed by a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.*
Routine maintenance can help prevent heat exchanger breakdowns. Once we get your heat exchanger working, Service Experts Commercial HVAC technicians can suggest a membership plan that could reduce costly repairs and make your heat exchanger run more efficiently. A more efficient heat exchanger could help you save money on energy bills.