The workplace is the main source of exposure to potentially harmful substances and pollutants – mainly air pollution, toxic chemicals and dust.
The World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that 3.3 % of all deaths worldwide have been attributed to airborne pollution in the past 10 years. It is the main cause of morbidity and mortality throughout the world. On the WHO list of all the risk factors which can be directly responsible for deaths, air pollution has become the 10th leading risk factor.
Improving indoor air quality benefits your business and employees
The indoor air quality of commercial properties is a growing concern and many commercial buildings suffer from poor indoor air quality (IAQ). The IAQ of the building is the sum of its separate components: temperature, humidity, carbon Dioxide, ozone, radon, microbial concentration, and particulates. Many commercial buildings experience a range of IAQ deficiencies ranging from poor climate due to hot, humid summer conditions to unhealthy concentrations of radon, microbial and particulate contamination.
3 Ways to improve it as an Employer
- AIRFLOW SOLUTIONS
- Increase the amount of fresh air coming into a designated area.HVAC units that properly exchange fresh air for indoor air are an important part of helping to maintain high indoor air quality and reduce problems such as:
Ensuring that Air changes per hour are up to standard is something that all property owners need to do in order to maintain healthy, comfortable surroundings. Filtration Solutions
- Asthma attacks
- Allergic reactions
- Sick building syndrome (SBS)
- Energy costs
- Install high rated MERV filters for adequate protection against contaminants in the indoor environment.
Install external HEPA filters interlocked with existing air handlers. HEPA filters are:
- MERV ratings go up to 18. At MERV 16 the filter is HEPA rated and is capturing 99.97% of particles at .3 micron in size.
UV-C light & Plasma solutions
- High Efficiency Particle Arrestor (HEPA) Filters capture 99.97% of particles at .3 micron size. The .3 Micron size is important because at this size a particle can get past your mucus membranes and deep into the alveoli of your lungs.
- Plasma technology is new and works by generating positively and negatively charged ions into the airstream. These ions cause small micron particles to agglomerate /stick to each other so that they move in the air stream and are captured by the air filtration system. Plasma solutions are most effective when paired with a HEPA filtration system.
- UV-C light is a form of light that is very effective at destroying harmful airborne bacteria, viruses, and mold and mildew spores. It will also reduce odors. UV light is energy efficient and environmentally friendly. It has a long history in air disinfection and is used around the world to protect the health of patients in hospitals and medical clinics, as well as to purify environmental air in businesses.
Take care of what most important to you.
Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) can make or break a business. With Service Experts Commercial HVAC, you can feel confident that your air will be clean and safe.
Employees and customers are your most valued asset, let them know you care by implementing Indoor air quality procedures from Service Experts Commercial HVAC and have peace of mind knowing your most valued assets are safe from airborne contaminants.
Contact us today.