Air conditioners don’t run indefinitely, despite the brand or quality. If you’re preparing for air conditioning replacement in Toronto, you might be considering—should you also request furnace replacement too? It depends on your situation.
Here are a few aspects to think over, plus the advantages of avoiding a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Thinking About Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the most important questions to answer prior to making your decision:
- When was your furnace installed? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners work for about 15 years. If your furnace is more than a 15 years old, we recommend replacing it alongside your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can likely wait.
- What type of air conditioner are you getting? Lots of homeowners are getting rid of their dated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed models. This saves energy and increases comfort by working at several speeds. Air conditioners rely on the furnace blower to disperse air. So, if you use a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to get the complete comfort and advantages of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver the right air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the right amount of air to keep your residence comfy. A new air conditioner could call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s important your furnace is correctly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, such as one from Service Experts Commercial HVAC, can figure out that static pressure of your system and offer the proper advice.
- Is the installation difficult? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your budget if you replace both units together.
Why You Should Replace Your Furnace and Air Conditioner Together
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are adequately sized, there aren’t usually any large short-term outcomes. A mismatched setup is frequently a stopgap until the other system stops working. You can circumvent the band-aid fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner at the same time. And, you’ll reap these rewards:
- Improved efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll make sure everything works at the best efficiency, making your house more comfortable and decreasing your long-term utility expenses.
- Fewer HVAC repairs: If you install a new air conditioning but keep the old furnace, you never know when it might malfunction for good. In the interim, you’ll pay for repairs that could have gone toward a modern furnace.
- Possible discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both put in at once. And you could even be eligible for a discount as you’re bundling new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, call Service Experts Commercial HVAC. We get the expense of replacing your entire system may worry you, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special coupons or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can enjoy a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and simply one small monthly cost. And all maintenance and repairs later on are included!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is highly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to provide a job done correctly the first time. Plus, we include a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 289-201-2346 to schedule an HVAC installation estimate now!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.