Air conditioners don’t run indefinitely, despite the brand or quality. If you’re preparing for air conditioning replacement in Toronto, you might be considering—should you also book furnace replacement too? It depends on your situation.
Here are several factors to think about, in addition to the advantages of avoiding a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Points to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the top questions to answer in advance of making your decision:
- When was your furnace installed? Furnaces can work up to 20 years, while air conditioners run for about 15 years. If your furnace is past a 15 years old, we recommend replacing it alongside your air conditioner. If it was installed earlier than this, you can likely delay it.
- What model of air conditioner are you getting? A lot of homeowners are getting rid of their outdated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed models. This saves energy and increases comfort by working at varying speeds. Air conditioners depend on the furnace blower to distribute air. So, if you rely on a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to install a new one to get the total comfort and advantages of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver the right air flow? Your furnace needs to provide the correct amount of air to keep your residence the right temperature. A new air conditioner might need a different indoor coil. So, it’s essential your furnace is correctly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from Service Experts Commercial HVAC, can determine that static pressure of your system and offer the correct suggestion.
- Is the installation tricky? You’ll make it easier on your Expert and your budget if you replace both units simultaneously.
Why You Should Get a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are adequately sized, there aren’t usually any large short-term outcomes. A mismatched setup is frequently a stopgap until the other system stops working. You can circumvent the band-aid fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll reap these pluses:
- Improved efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll make sure everything runs at the best efficiency, making your house more comfortable and reducing your yearly utility expenses.
- Fewer HVAC repairs: If you install a new air conditioning but keep the old furnace, you never know when it might malfunction for good. In the interim, you’ll pay for repairs that could have covered a modern furnace.
- Potential discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both replaced at once. And you may even be eligible for a discount as you’re getting new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can depend on Service Experts Commercial HVAC. We know the expense of replacing your complete system may worry you, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special discounts or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can receive a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and merely one small monthly cost. And all maintenance and repairs later on are included!*
You can relax knowing that our team is highly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to provide a job done correctly the first time. Plus, we include a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 289-201-2346 to request an HVAC installation estimate now!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.