Summer is usually a crazy time of year for many folks in Toronto. Whether it’s a family reunion, a long vacation or any variety of other fun activities, summer not only brings about full schedules, but that dreaded Toronto heat as well.
We know you’ve already taken care of all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs way before summer arrived, so what else can you do to maintain your cool during those days where you can’t get away to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has a few tips:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Toronto heat is non-negotiable. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve taken care of all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you don’t have to worry about it breaking down in the heat of the summer. Give Service Experts Commercial HVAC a call at 289-201-2346 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can make sure that your air conditioner is working at its peak in the Toronto heat.
- Stay in air conditioning as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this difficult, but if you are able to take a couple-minute break and escape to an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, do it.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't think thirsty, as thirst can be an early sign of dehydration. If you begin noticing muscle cramps, take a breather as it may also be an early indicator of dehydration or a different heat-related illness.
- Take precautions when organizing outdoor activities. Any kind of workout or athletic practices should be done earlier or later in the day when the Toronto temperatures are cooler.
- Dress to stay cooler in hot temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best options.
- Keep your shower or bath a little cooler than typical. It can help you cool down a tad quicker so you can get back to reveling in your home’s air conditioning.