Summer is typically a busy time of year for many folks in Toronto. Whether it’s a family reunion, a long vacation or any variety of other outdoor activities, summer not only brings about busy schedules, but that dreaded Toronto heat as well.
We know you’ve already handled all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs way before summer arrived, so what else can you do to maintain your cool during those days where you can’t escape to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has a few tips:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Toronto heat is non-negotiable. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve taken care of all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you never have to worry about it going out in the heat of the summer. Give Service Experts Commercial HVAC a call at 905-453-6700 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can ensure that your air conditioner is running at its best in the Toronto heat.
- Stay in air conditioning as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this difficult, but if you are able to take a couple-minute break and escape to an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, do it.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't think thirsty, as thirst can be an early indicator of dehydration. If you begin noticing muscle cramps, take a break as it could also be an early sign of dehydration or another heat-related illness.
- Take special measures when organizing outdoor activities. Any type of workout or athletic practices should be held earlier or later in the day when the Toronto temperatures are lower.
- Dress to stay cooler in high temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best options.
- Keep your shower or bath a little colder than typical. It can help you cool down a little quicker so you can get back to reveling in your home’s air conditioning.