No matter what the season outside in Toronto, the temperature inside your space influences how comfortable you will seem. Choose the right temp and your house will seem like a comfortable escape from everything. But if your home comfort system isn’t functioning the way it should, you’ll know. And it won’t be enjoyable.
Brace yourself for a thorough look at how you’re using your HVAC equipment. It could make the difference between a strong system or a pathetic performer. Take this brief quiz from Service Experts Commercial HVAC to figure out where you stand.
- Hotter days are not far away in Toronto. How do you get your system ready?
- Swap out the HVAC filter and spruce up the vents. Then it’s finished.
- Bring in the pros for a seasonal checkup.
- Not a thing. It will be fine.
- You’re having a get-together on a particularly warm night, but the AC isn’t working. What do you do?
- Tell my friends to bring iced beverages.
- Organize an emergency repair to get it functioning before anyone arrives.
- Turn on my fans and hope for a nice breeze.
- Your current HVAC is maturing. What will you do when it’s time for a replacement?
- Allow my contractor to choose and finance it with a credit card.
- Get rid of worries and expenses by subscribing to a monthly home comfort subscription.
- Buy the most intricate system currently available in Toronto.
- When you open your next monthly utility bill, what do you expect you’ll find?
- It will be a little higher. My HVAC bills have skyrocketed.
- It will be close to the charges for the same month last year.
- I can’t be sure until I open it. Some months aren’t bad, but others are shocking.
- Your heating and cooling system is making a weird noise. What’s your next step?
- Find my toolbox and use a weekend struggling to fix it.
- Bring in a qualified technician to check it out.
- Block it out and hope it ends.
Get ready to tally your results. If you chose mostly Bs, your HVAC habits are right on. You’re taking care of your equipment and you made a plan for the future. But if you replied to any of these scenarios with As or Cs, you could make a couple of changes to help your system perform more effectively. Read on to learn how.
Improved HVAC Habits to Help You Save
Set Up Annual Maintenance While swapping out your air filter and sprucing up your vents are crucial tasks to prepare your HVAC for a different season, a professional tune-up is helpful to complete the process. During a maintenance visit, your HVAC technician will handle a series of tasks that boost the energy efficiency of your system. And while they’re there, your HVAC service pro will look out for more urgent headaches for your equipment. That could save you a costly breakdown in the future.
Work with a heating and cooling company that offers emergency repairs. Even carefully maintained HVAC systems can have trouble periodically. And it always seems to crop up at the worst times. A company with 24/7 emergency service can save you the headache and distress. The Service Experts Advantage Program gives that vital service to homeowners at no other cost.
Have a plan for your HVAC system replacement. Many home comfort systems can operate for 10 to 15 years, but they aren’t able to last forever. Build a strategy now to escape last-minute pressure when your system takes its ultimate bow. The Service Experts Advantage Program™ can be useful. It brings you a new high-efficiency heating and cooling system with no up-front charges. Even better, the program also has free maintenance and repairs.
Keep track of your monthly energy charges and call us when they dramatically change. Your energy bills can tell you more than your monthly expenses. If you’re seeing a steady escalation in your charges but no change in home comfort, something is definitely occurring with your equipment. A modern high-efficiency system can provide you peace of mind with more reliable energy usage—and that means fewer shocks on your bill.
Call in the pros when you detect a strange noise from your HVAC system. That noise is more than annoying. It is telling you something is wrong with your system. Even if it’s a relatively small problem, left unchecked it could make for a costly repair down the road. Don’t try to work on it yourself. Leave it to the Experts to diagnose and fix it.
Your home comfort system can cost you quite a bit when you don’t maintain it. If you work with these tips, you could save time, extra costs and disappointment. And if your HVAC just isn’t helping anymore, consider installing one through the Service Experts Advantage Program. It can get you an updated energy-efficient system with no up-front costs and free maintenance and repairs.
To hear more, give us a call or schedule an appointment online. We’re happy to help!