No matter what the weather outside in Toronto, the temperature inside your space influences how comfortable you will seem. Choose the right temp and your rooms will seem like a nice escape from everything. But if your home comfort system isn’t working accurately, you’ll notice. And it won’t be pleasant.
Brace yourself for a thorough look at the way you’re using your home comfort system. It could make the difference between a steady system or a pathetic performer. Try this brief quiz from Service Experts Commercial HVAC to figure out where you stand.
- Hotter days are not far away in Toronto. How do you get your AC ready?
- Swap out the HVAC filter and dust the vents. Then it’s ready.
- Make an appointment with the pros for seasonal maintenance.
- Not a thing. It will be fine.
- You’re having a party on a scorching night, but the AC isn’t working. What’s your first step?
- Tell my visitors to bring iced beverages.
- Book an emergency repair to get it functioning before the party starts.
- Switch on my fans and wish for a cool breeze.
- Your current HVAC is aging. What’s your plan when it’s time for a replacement?
- Allow my contractor to select one and finance it with a credit card.
- Save worries and charges by subscribing to a monthly home comfort subscription.
- Buy the most intricate system currently available in Toronto.
- When you open your next monthly utility bill, what do you expect you’ll find?
- It will have a hefty price tag. My HVAC bills have skyrocketed.
- It will be close to the charges for the same month last year.
- I can’t be sure until I see it. Some months aren’t bad, but others are a surprise.
- Your heating and cooling system is making a strange noise. What do you do?
- Find my toolbox and use a weekend struggling to fix it.
- Bring in a qualified technician to check it out.
- Block it out and hope it ends.
Time to tally your results. If you picked mostly Bs, your HVAC habits are helping you out. You’re taking care of your equipment and you have a plan for the future. But if you replied to any of these scenarios with As or Cs, you can make a few changes to help your equipment perform more effectively. Read on to find out how.
Improved HVAC Habits to Help You Save
Set Up Seasonal Maintenance While swapping out your air filter and dusting your vents are crucial tasks to prepare your HVAC for a different season, a professional tune-up is helpful to wrap up the process. During a maintenance visit, your HVAC technician will handle a series of tasks that boost the energy efficiency pro will keep an eye out for more urgent problems for your equipment. That could save you a costly breakdown later in the season.
Work with a heating and cooling company that offers emergency repairs. Even correctly maintained home comfort systems can have trouble periodically. And it always seems to crop up at the worst times. A company with 24/7 emergency service can save you the headache and distress. The Service Experts Advantage Program provides that vital service to customers at no added cost.
Have a plan for your HVAC system upgrade. Many HVAC systems can work for 10 to 15 years, but they aren’t able to last forever. Build a strategy now to bypass last-minute pressure when your system takes its ultimate bow. The Service Experts Advantage Program™ can be useful. It brings you a new high-efficiency heating and cooling system with no up-front charges. Even better, the program also has free maintenance and repairs.
Keep track of your monthly energy charges and call us when they dramatically change. Your energy bills can tell you more than your monthly expenses. If you’re seeing a steady escalation in your bills but no difference in home comfort, something is definitely occurring with your equipment. A modern high-efficiency system can provide you peace of mind with more reliable energy usage—and that means fewer shocks on your bill.
Take action when you detect a strange noise from your HVAC system. That noise is more than annoying. It is telling you something is wrong with your system. Even if it’s a relatively small issue, left unchecked it could make for a high-priced repair down the road. Don’t try to work on it yourself. Leave it to the Experts to diagnose and fix it.
Your home comfort system can cost you big when you don’t maintain it. If you use these tips, you could save time, extra costs and disappointment. And if your HVAC just isn’t keeping up anymore, think about selecting one through the Service Experts Advantage Program. It can get you a new energy-efficient system with no up-front costs and free maintenance and repairs.
To hear more, give us a call or schedule an appointment online. We’re happy to help!