There are a lot of fun things to do in the fall, especially in Toronto. But, there’s also that big list of must-do’s before the cold weather sets in. Although the outdoor yard work and home projects are likely at the top of your list, there’s at least one indoor job you should consider taking care of early: getting your furnace service and tune-up appointment arranged.
The experts at Service Experts Commercial HVAC recommend that furnace service and maintenance be completed at least annually in order to prevent a breakdown in the middle of winter, when the furnace is needed most. There are a host of benefits to getting it done before the cold and crisp weather sets in in Toronto, too. Take a peek at some of the top bonuses of furnace service:
- Helps maintain your heating system’s energy efficiency. Regular maintenance can help make sure that your furnace runs at its top efficiency throughout the coldest months of the year, helping you save on your heating costs.
- Ensures your furnace is in tip-top shape. From checking airflow to full multi-point inspections, you can be certain your furnace is ready for whatever Mother Nature decides to throw at Toronto when it cools off.
- Reduces the chances of breakdowns. Just about the last thing you want to occur on a cool winter day is have your furnace stop working, especially when heating companies are limited in their capacity for new customers. A furnace service appointment now will allow the technician to find potential problems and solve them before they happen.
- Helps keep your home safe. All furnaces burn some type of fuel to make heat, and cracks and leaks around the fuel area could compromise your family’s safety. Inspecting the heat exchanger, gas burner and gas valve calibration are crucial to keeping your home safe through the heating season.
- Keeps your warranty valid. Many manufacturers require that you have at least one furnace service appointment per year in order to fulfill your warranty, so getting regular maintenance completed can save you money if worse problems occur later.
Taking proper care of your furnace has a ton of additional benefits, and getting furnace service completed annually is just the first step. It’ll help keep your home comfortable throughout the colder months and save you time later because you’re less likely to need additional service, maintenance or repairs in the middle of winter when heating and cooling companies like Service Experts Commercial HVAC are at their busiest.
If you have any questions about furnace service or a tune-up in Toronto, give us a call at 289-201-2346 or schedule an appointment with Service Experts Commercial HVAC through our online scheduler.