There are tons of fun things to do in the fall, especially in Toronto. But, there’s also that big list of must-do’s before the cold weather sets in. Although the outdoor yard work and home projects are probably at the top of your list, there’s at least one indoor task you should consider handling early: getting your furnace service and tune-up appointment arranged.
The experts at Service Experts Commercial HVAC recommend that furnace service and maintenance be done at least annually in order to prevent a breakdown in the middle of winter, when the furnace is needed most. There are a host of benefits to getting it done before the cold and crisp weather sets in in Toronto, too. Take a peek at some of the top bonuses of furnace service:
- Helps maintain your heating system’s energy efficiency. Regular maintenance can help make sure that your furnace operates at its top efficiency throughout the coldest months of the year, helping you save on your heating bill.
- Ensures your furnace is in its best shape. From checking airflow to full multi-point inspections, you can be certain your furnace is ready to get you through whatever Mother Nature decides to throw at Toronto this year.
- Lowers the chances of breakdowns. Just about the last thing you want to occur on a cold winter day is have your furnace go out, especially when heating companies are limited in their capacity for new customers. A furnace service appointment now will allow the technician to identify potential problems and solve them before they happen.
- Helps keep your home safe. All furnaces burn some type of fuel to produce heat, and cracks and leaks around the fuel area could compromise your family’s safety. Inspecting the heat exchanger, gas burner and gas valve calibration are crucial to keeping your home safe through the winter.
- Keeps your warranty valid. Many manufacturers require that you have at least one furnace service appointment per year in order to fulfill your warranty, so getting regular maintenance done can save you money if worse problems occur later.
Taking proper care of your furnace has a ton of additional benefits, and getting furnace service done annually is just the first step. It’ll help keep your home comfortable throughout the cold season and save you time later because you’re less likely to need more service, maintenance or repairs in the middle of winter when heating and cooling companies like Service Experts Commercial HVAC are at their busiest.
If you have any questions about furnace service or a tune-up in Toronto, give us a call at 289-201-2346 or schedule an appointment with Service Experts Commercial HVAC through our online scheduler.