Booking regular AC maintenance is helpful.
Checkups keep your AC equipment in Toronto running at its top performance while keeping electricity consumption low. It also can even help extend its life cycle.
While there are a couple tasks you can finish alone, you should hire Experts, like the ones at Service Experts Commercial HVAC, for AC examinations and maintenance.
Here are a few steps you can do by yourself as you get ready for summer.
Get Your AC Checkup Set
Spring is a time of rejuvenation, and to many that includes a hefty portion of house, garage and yard freshening. With the hotter temperatures approaching, it’s also a great idea to include AC checkups on that listing.
Spring is a great time of year to get your air conditioning system scrubbed and examined. Waiting to flip it on until the first sweltering day of the year can be a gamble. If you have to have a fix or installation, you may be waiting days for an appointment. And that may turn awfully unpleasant.
And for those with allergies, being well prepared with a clean air conditioning system will help ensure the best indoor air quality during pollen season.
Plus, cooling upkeep could be a requirement for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any additional extended warranty.
Can I Finish Maintenance on My Own?
There are procedures that you can do to help keep your AC equipment in the best order:
- Replace your air filter. Clogged filters restrict airflow and might lower your unit’s efficiency. While the replacement timeline depends on the model you have, the U.S. Department of Energy advises each month or two. This is particularly necessary if you suffer from allergies or have animals in your house.
- Lawn maintenance by the outdoor condenser. Check the area is free of grass, weeds or bushes close to your air conditioning system. We recommend keeping 2–3 feet of free room. You should also clear any leaves or twigs that have dropped into your system, as this may impede airflow.
Let the Pros Handle the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you call Service Experts Commercial HVAC at 905-453-6700, the initial thing we might do is compliment you for all the steps you’ve already finished. Then our Experts begin the finer details. We’ll check your system and make sure it’s operating like it should with these steps:
- Securing electrical connections to provide reliable comfort.
- Greasing to keep moving parts working like they should and potentially stay clear of breakdowns.
- Cleaning the condensate drain line to clear leak-creating mold and obstructions.
- Fixing coil fins to avoid decreased airflow.
- Freshening the outside coil to eliminate any buildup from soil and grass.
- Inspecting controls to make sure your system is starting, operating and shutting down like it should.
- Checking the operating temperature parameters to establish your unit has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we find troubles that need further work, we are ready to offer you the most reasonable choice. Pinpointing potential troubles early can solve more substantial problems later. This also gives you time to strategize if your AC is aging.
When you need a modern air conditioner, our Experts will partner with you to pick the right solution for your home. We also offer financing to help make your new unit more affordable. Regardless of what your comfort needs are, you can have peace of mind knowing our Experts will take care of your needs.
Ready to schedule your tune-up? Give us a call at 905-453-6700 or schedule an appointment online today.