Planning yearly AC maintenance is worth the effort.
Checkups keep your AC unit in Toronto running at peak performance while keeping electricity consumption low. It also can even help extend its life cycle.
While there are several tasks you can complete by yourself, you should call the Experts, like the ones at Service Experts Commercial HVAC, for AC checks and service.
Here are a few steps you can complete alone as you prep for warm weather.
Get Your AC Checkup Booked
Spring is a time of revival, and to many that includes a hefty portion of house, garage and yard sprucing. With the toastier temps near, it’s also a fantastic idea to include AC service on that listing.
Spring is a great time of year to get your cooling system scrubbed and inspected. Waiting to switch it on until the first warm day of the year can be a gamble. If you have to schedule service or a new unit, you might be waiting a long time for an appointment. And that could turn extremely unbearable.
And for those with allergies, being well prepared with a clean air conditioning system will help ensure the best indoor air quality during pollen season.
Plus, cooling upkeep might be a requirement for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any additional extended warranty.
Can I Finish Service on My Own?
There are methods that you can do to help keep your air conditioner unit in the best order:
- Replace your air filter. Clogged filters restrict airflow and might lower your unit’s efficiency. While the replacement timeline depends on the kind you have, the U.S. Department of Energy recommends each month or two. This is particularly crucial if you suffer from allergies or have animals in your house.
- Lawn maintenance by the exterior condenser. Ensure there’s not any grass, weeds or bushes close to your air conditioning equipment. We recommend keeping 2–3 feet of free room. You should also get rid of any leaves or twigs that have collected inside your system, as this may limit airflow.
Let the Pros Handle the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you call Service Experts Commercial HVAC at 289-201-2346, the primary thing we might do is compliment you for all the steps you’ve already finished. Then our pros begin the nuts and bolts. We’ll examine your system and make sure it’s working like it should with these steps:
- Securing electrical connections to deliver secure cooling.
- Oiling to keep moving parts working like they should and potentially skip breakdowns.
- Cleaning the condensate drain line to clear leak-inducing mold and obstructions.
- Aligning coil fins to avoid decreased airflow.
- Cleansing the outside coil to get rid of any buildup from soil and grass.
- Checking controls to make sure your system is starting, operating and shutting down like it should.
- Checking the operating temperature parameters to establish your unit has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we find troubles that need further work, we are ready to offer you the most reasonable solution. Pinpointing potential troubles early can solve more substantial problems down the road. This also gives you time to strategize if your AC is getting older.
When you need a modern air conditioner, our Experts will partner with you to find the right equipment for your home. We also offer financing to help make your new unit more affordable. Regardless of what your comfort needs are, you can feel good knowing our Experts will take care of your needs.
Ready to schedule your tune-up? Give us a call at 289-201-2346 or schedule an appointment online today.